The mission statement of Student-Athlete Support Services (SASS) is to help student-athletes become independent and self-reliant learners. In an environment that promotes student-athlete development, the staff provides support for all student-athletes from the time they arrive on campus for a recruiting visit until they graduate. The staff provides resources, experience, and knowledge empowering each student-athlete to reach his/her academic and personal potential.
In an effort to effectively serve the needs of student-athletes, the staff of Student-Athlete Support Services endeavors to:
- Give every student-athlete access to the tools needed to graduate from Colorado State University in a timely fashion
- Help student-athletes develop and achieve their own unique goals
- Empower student-athletes to become capable, self-sufficient learners and responsible, productive adults
- Present consistent and uniform basic services to all student-athletes regardless of their status on their respective teams
- Provide current and accurate information to students, coaches, staff, and university personnel